Nendoroid Gilgamesh from the anime Fate/stay night. Available on the Good Smile Online shop!
I really really really want this. Gilgamesh-kun… a man after my own heart…
Nendoroid Gilgamesh from the anime Fate/stay night. Available on the Good Smile Online shop!
I really really really want this. Gilgamesh-kun… a man after my own heart…
I’d like to add to this that thick, oversized dark rimmed glasses instantly downgrades a woman two levels on this scale. I’ve never met a single girl who was cool and with-it that wore them. At best they were moderately self centered and snobby. At worst they were Zoe Quinn.
Don’t you just love it when that gut feeling you get of “this bitch is crazy” when you see one of these chicks turns out to be an actually natural instinct.
FIRST OF ALL, THE BASICS.
- What is NaNoWriMo? NaNoWriMo - or National Novel Writing Month - is a fun, seat-of-your-pants approach to creative writing. On November 1, participants begin working towards the goal of writing a 50,000-word novel by 11:59 PM on November 30. (x)
- Why should I participate in NaNoWriMo? First and foremost because it’s fun! Maybe you’ve considered writing a novel in the past, but have never gotten around to it, or perhaps you have a fantastic idea or a great character but aren’t quite sure what to do with them. Here’s your chance! Grab it with both hands and hold on tight because this writing ride is a whirlwind.
- During October and November the official forums come alive with thousands of writers brimming with amazing thoughts and insights, and there is a real sense of creative community. What better chance would you have to vent and brainstorm and cultivate your collection of ideas?
- NaNoWriMo values enthusiasm, determination, and a deadline, and is for anyone who has ever thought about writing a novel. (x)
So you’ve decided you’re going to do it — you’re going to participate, you’re going to try your very best to write those 50,000 words… what next? How do you prepare for such a challenge? Well, here are some handy tips and links to guide you on your way:
INSPIRATION & BRAINSTORMING.
- Every novel begins with an idea, even something as simple as a single word. Try jotting down a few. Soon you’ll start to notice common reoccurrences in the types of words you choose.
- Peruse places like Tumblr, DeviantArt and Pinterest. Find things that catch your eye and save them.
- Go out into the world, or lose yourself in a fictional one. Take notice of details, quirks, everything that’s layered together to create a rich environment. Pull inspiration from what you see or read and translate it into something all your own.
- Suzanne Collins was switching back and forth between Survivor and the news when she thought of the Hunger Games, J.K Rowling was on a train when Harry Potter and his story wandered into her head — it’s amazing how inspiration can just pop out of nowhere when given the chance. Let yourself daydream, and ponder and research to your heart’s content.
- Get a large piece of paper and pretend like you’re in grade five all over again — write your number 1 idea in the center and branch off from it with other thoughts, plot points, characters, details et cetera.
- Alternatively you could buy a bunch of post-it notes in varying colours and clear a space where you can stick them. Assign a colour for each of the following: plot points, characters, relationships, details, conflicts, resolutions. You could also use coloured card or plain paper + coloured pens/pencils.
- Spend a day or two focusing solely on your main character. Get to know them. Ask yourself how they would react to certain situations, what they like, what they dislike, why they do or don’t. Give them flaws, quirks, a layered personality.
Here are some handy links that may also help:
SETTLING ON AN IDEA.
Say you’ve just spent ages following the advice above, but now you’ve found yourself with more than one great idea, how do you choose? Ask yourself:
- What sparks the most excitement?
- What interests you more?
- If both your ideas were turned into fully fleshed out novels and you saw them on a shelf in a store, which would you be more likely to want to read?
- Which one would you be the most upset about not getting the chance to write?
There is no one single, set way to outline your novel. It’s also important to remember that planning is not for everyone; some people like to fly by the seat of their pants and simply go with whatever happens and that’s perfectly okay. But without at least a very basic outline, particularly during NaNoWriMo, you may find yourself incredibly stuck and unsure about a). what happens next or b). how to write yourself out of the situation you’ve found yourself in, which could lead to you falling behind or missing days’ worth of valuable writing time while you try and figure out what to do. How do I go about outlining, you ask? Here are some great links that will help you do so with ease:
- How Do You Plan a Novel?
- How to Create a Plot Outline in Eight Easy Steps
- Outline Your Novel In 30 Minutes
- Preparing to Write A Novel
- Basic Checklist for Your Story
- NaNo Tips & Strategies
RESEARCHING & DETAILS.
So you’ve thought of your idea, you created your characters and have an outline. But you’re writing a novel about elves in a mystical place that doesn’t even exist, or a futuristic world where supernatural creatures and technology have taken over, or perhaps something entirely in the past, and you have no idea how to make it all believable. The NaNoWriMo forums are a fanastic place for your genre and detail needs:
- Reference Desk — researching facts, figures, real world experiences and details.
- Applellation Station — for naming needs
- Character Cafe — for character development
- Plot Doctoring
- Genre Lounges — for your specific genre needs
If there isn’t already a thread that pertains to your specific needs don’t be afraid to make one! You should definitely also:
- Go to the library and source books that contain the knowledge you need. Don’t be afraid to ask a librarian for their help.
- Use Google, which seems like a rather simple answer but there is so much information out there just waiting to be found.
- Write down the facts that you discover and need and be sure to jot down how they are relevant to your novel.
Your novel is one thing, you are another (though certainly the two get tangled together).
- Look at what you have planned during November and figure out which days you might find it difficult to find free time due to prior commitments and find a place to slot writing in, even if it means you end up writing during breakfast.
- Become acquainted with the official forums and spend some time in the nanowrimo tag here on Tumblr. Get to know your fellow writers!
- Find someone (preferably someone also participating in NaNoWriMo) who you can rant to, share ideas with; someone who you can ask to check in on you and see how you’re going with your writing goal of the day and vice versa.
THINGS TO REMEMBER DURING NANOWRIMO.
- Avoid the temptation of going back and re-reading and editing your work, this is supposed to be a first draft and first drafts are unavoidably messy.
- Take care of yourself. Try and eat properly, get some exercise (during NaNoWriMo that walk to the fridge for writer’s fuel totally counts), hang out with your friends and family, enjoy life.
- Remember that NaNoWriMo is supposed to be fun, don’t pressure yourself too much.
- If you’re having trouble reaching the daily word count goal, split it into chunks: write 500 words here, 500 there, another 667 at another point in the day.
- If you find yourself running out of motivation here are some great (if I do say so myself) tips.
- Read some inspirational quotes to keep you going (or get you started).
A PRE-NANO CHALLENGE.
If you’re not too busy getting inspired, brainstorming, planning or any of that good stuff why not give Inktype’s NaNoWriMo preparation challenge a go?
I am leaving tomorrow so I guess now’s as good as ever to lay this all down.
First of all, this is how the current feminist movement looks right now
Sure, these are probably what you’d call “misandrists” just giving a bad name to feminism. You’re right, I’m willing to look past all that and actually look at what feminism is really about, at a more intellectual and institutional level.
Here are some quotes by some prominent feminists:
- "I feel that ‘man-hating’ is an honorable and viable political act, that the oppressed have a right to class-hatred against the class that is oppressing them." — Robin Morgan, Ms. Magazine Editor.
"I claim that rape exists any time sexual intercourse occurs when it has not been initiated by the woman, out of her own genuine affection and desire." — Robin Morgan
"To call a man an animal is to flatter him; he’s a machine, a walking dildo." — Valerie Solanas, Authoress of the SCUM Manifesto
"The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness…can be trained to do most things." — Jilly Cooper, SCUM
"I want to see a man beaten to a bloody pulp with a high-heel shoved in his mouth, like an apple in the mouth of a pig." — Andrea Dworkin
"Q: People think you are very hostile to men. A: I am." — Andrea Dworkin
"Men who are unjustly accused of rape can sometimes gain from the experience." - Catherine Comins
"All men are rapists and that’s all they are" — Marilyn French, Authoress
"The annihilation of a woman’s personality, individuality, will, character, is prerequisite to male sexuality." — Andrea Dworkin
"Men love death. In everything they make, they hollow out a central place for death, let its rancid smell contaminate every dimension of whatever still survives. Men especially love murder. In art they celebrate it, and in life they commit it. They embrace murder as if life without it would be devoid of passion, meaning, and action, as if murder were solace, stilling their sobs as they mourn the emptiness and alienation of their lives." — Andrea Dworkin
"Men are rapists, batterers, plunderers, killers; these same men are religious prophets, poets, heroes, figures of romance, adventure, accomplishment, figures ennobled by tragedy and defeat. Men have claimed the earth, called it ‘Her’. Men ruin Her. Men have airplanes, guns, bombs, poisonous gases, weapons so perverse and deadly that they defy any authentically human imagination." — Andrea Dworkin, Pornography: Men Possessing Women
"On the Left, on the Right, in the Middle; Authors, statesmen, thieves; so-called humanists and self-declared fascists; the adventurous and the contemplative, in every realm of male expression and action, violence is experienced and articulated as love and freedom." — Andrea Dworkin, Pornography: Men Possessing Women.
"The institution of sexual intercourse is anti-feminist” — Ti-Grace Atkinson
”Feminism is the theory, lesbianism is the practice.” — Ti-Grace Atkinson
"Rape is nothing more or less than a conscious process of intimidation by which all men keep all women in a state of fear" — Susan Brownmiller; Authoress of Against Our Will p.6
"When a woman reaches orgasm with a man she is only collaborating with the patriarchal system, eroticizing her own oppression." — Sheila Jeffrys
"Politically, I call it rape whenever a woman has sex and feels violated."— Catherine MacKinnon
"All sex, even consensual sex between a married couple, is an act of violence perpetrated against a woman." — Catherine MacKinnon
- "You grow up with your father holding you down and covering your mouth so another man can make a horrible searing pain between your legs." — Catherine MacKinnon (Prominent legal feminist scholar; University of Michigan, & Yale.)
I guess you ladies on tumblr should probably address that as “problematic” or at least acknowledge the people that walk among you. But whatever. Those are just a few dumbasses and I should probably be looking more at feminism as a whole, collective ideology.
What’s usually one of the first things feminists list as a reason for why they need feminism or why they’re feminists? That women are still making 77¢ for every $1 that men do. Hard to believe that in 2014 we’re still dealing with this problem, right?
In 1963, President Kennedy signed the Equal Pay Act, which stated the following:
I AM delighted today to approve the Equal Pay Act of 1963, which prohibits arbitrary discrimination against women in the payment of wages. This act represents many years of effort by labor, management, and several private organizations unassociated with labor or management, to call attention to the unconscionable practice of paying female employees less wages than male employees for the same job. This measure adds to our laws another structure basic to democracy. It will add protection at the working place to the women, the same rights at the working place in a sense that they have enjoyed at the polling place.
This Act granted working women the same rights as that of the working man, thereby enjoying the right to equal pay.
Next year, Congress passed Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 in which Section 703(a) defines the following employer practices as unlawful:
(1) to fail or refuse to hire or to discharge any individual, or otherwise to discriminate against any individual with respect to his compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment, because of such individual’s race, color, religion, sex, or national origin; or
(2) to limit, segregate, or classify his employees or applicants for employment in any way which would deprive or tend to deprive any individual of employment opportunities or otherwise adversely affect his status as an employee, because of such individual’s race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
Essentially banning discrimination of wages based on sex.
Here is a comprehensive look at the wage gap issue, prepared for the government specifically, 95 pages.
Here are some by women
US Department of Labor
The Gender Pay Gap is a Complete Myth
Gender pay gap is not what activists claim
Equal pay statistics are bogus because they don’t compare like with like
Fair Pay Isn’t Always Equal Pay
The Wage Gap Myth
Don’t Blame Discrimination for Gender Wage Gap
The pay inequality myth: Women are more equal than you think
Women Now a Majority in American Workplaces
Labor force participation rate for men has never been lower.
Share of Men in Labor Force at All-Time Low
Women In Tech Make More Money And Land Better Jobs Than Men
Female U.S. corporate directors out-earn men: study
Female CEOs outearned men in 2009.
Women between ages 21 and 30 working full-time made 117% of men’s wages.
According to the U.S. Census Bureau, single women between 22 and 30 years old earn an average of $27,000 a year. That’s 8% more than comparable men.
Workplace Salaries: At Last, Women on Top
Young Women’s Pay Exceeds Male Peers
The 15 Jobs Where Women Earn More Than Men
women aged between 22 and 29 earn over £10 per hour on average, compared to men their same age who earn just under this amount.
Young women now earn more than men in UK
The only chairwoman in the FTSE 100 index of biggest British companies, when asked about government efforts to force companies to make at least 25% of board member to be female said: “there’s no real evidence to suggest women being on a board makes the companies any better – what we’re doing here is forcing an experiment.”
This was further supported in the book “Why Men Earn More” by Warren Farrell, Ph.D., examined 25 career/life choices men and women make (hours, commute times, etc.) that lead to men earning more and women having more balanced lives, and that showed how men in surveys prioritize money while women prioritize flexibility, shorter hours, shorter commutes, less physical risk and other factors conducive to their choice to be primary parents, an option men still largely don’t have. That is why never-married childless women outearn their male counterparts, and female corporate directors now outearn their male counterparts.
Farrell also lists dozens of careers, including fields of science, where women outearn men. Women simply have more options than men to be primary parents, and many of them exercise that option rather than work long, stressful hours. That is why 57% of female graduates of Stanford and Harvard left the workforce within 15 years of entry into the workforce.
This is an option few men have (try being a single male and telling women on the first date that you want to stay home).
Blaming men for women’s choices is unfair. In fact research shows most men have no problem with their wives outearning them.
Research also shows most working dads would quit or take a pay cut to spend more time with kids if their spouses could support the family.
Research also shows that parents share workloads more when mothers allow men to be primary parents.
ABC News: “Is the Wage Gap Women’s Choice? Research Suggests Career Decisions, Not Sex Bias, Are at Root of Pay Disparity”
There is also the myth that women are kept out of certain more lucrative fields by sexism. The truth is that women stay away from math out of their own free choice
Women In Science: No Discrimination, Says Cornell Study
Let’s be real about the lack of women in tech
Here are some by women
US Department of Labor
Okay, so that’s not really as big of an issue as feminists claimed it was. However, I absolutely agree that if you do find out that you are being discriminated in the workplace due to your gender, you can and should take action to end that.
So what else is a big issue in feminism? Rape culture. Rape is a serious problem, make no mistake. But is this “rape culture” hysteria the answer? Do we honestly live in a culture in which prevalent attitudes and practices normalize, excuse, tolerate, and even condone rape? It’s difficult to quite agree with that idea. While rape unfortunately does happen, it is still seen as one of the top criminal offenses in our country (at least in the US). It’s actually treated like a really serious issue, probably more than any other crime. Compared to joking about rape, how often do we hear people joking about murder? Far more. In fact there’s a big popular post right here on tumblr with details on how to commit murder and get away with it. Does that mean that people seeing those kinds of twisted and sarcastic things are suddenly more inclined to commit murder? I’d hope not. Are those kind of jokes creating a murder culture? Not really.
But maybe because 1 in 4 (or 1 in 5 or 1 in 6, it changes every time I come on tumblr) women will be raped or sexually assaulted in her lifetime. That’s a pretty damn high number. And that’s because it isn’t accurate.
“IF the one-in-four statistic is correct—it is sometimes modified to “one-in-five to one-in-four”—campus rape represents a crime wave of unprecedented proportions. No crime, much less one as serious as rape, has a victimization rate remotely approaching 20 or 25 percent, even over many years. The 2006 violent crime rate in Detroit, one of the most violent cities in America, was 2,400 murders, rapes, robberies, and aggravated assaults per 100,000 inhabitants—a rate of 2.4 percent. The one-in-four statistic would mean that every year, millions of young women graduate who have suffered the most terrifying assault, short of murder, that a woman can experience. Such a crime wave would require nothing less than a state of emergency—Take Back the Night rallies and 24-hour hotlines would hardly be adequate to counter this tsunami of sexual violence. Admissions policies letting in tens of thousands of vicious criminals would require a complete revision, perhaps banning boys entirely.”
— Heather Mac Donald, "The Campus Rape Myth".
This alleged “statistic” was culled from a survey of 3,000 college women in 1982, conducted by Ms. Magazine. These women were asked only three questions:
- Have you had sexual intercourse when you didn’t want to because a man gave you alcohol or drugs?
- Have you had sexual intercourse when you didn’t want to because a man threatened or used some degree of physical force to make you?
- Have you had sexual acts when you didn’t want to because a man threatened to use some degree of physical force to make you?
The trouble is, many of the women the survey counted as “victims” did not actually feel that they had been raped, especially not the entire third of the alleged “victims” that continued to have a consensual sexual relationship with their supposed attacker. Others that had consensual one-night-stands that they later regretted were also counted as “victims”.
Feminism is supposed to be empowering, not to send us cowering.
Rape is not the “epidemic” that people are trying to claim it is. It has actually decreased dramatically in the past few decades - up to 80% since 1979, despite an increase in the willingness of victims to report them. This is even further supported by data directly from the U.S. Bureau of Justice.
Here’s what RAINN (Rape, Abuse, and Incest National Network), one of the most trusted sources of sexual violence information and resources in the nation, has had to say about the idea of “rape culture”
Third wave feminism is operating under far too many logical fallacies. The Big Lie Technique is readily apparent in the use of the very “statistic” above which has time and again been proven to be false. Overgeneralization continually tries to paint all men as monsters, when science has shown us that there are many psychological and biological factors that come into play to create someone with the potential to commit violence.
Oh yeah, moving on to the violence stuff that feminism likes to talk about.
Remember the whole Elliot Rodger incident? Feminists used that tragedy to highlight the supposed rampant misogyny in society.
The crimes that have been committed by sick individuals like Elliot Rodger are horrible, no one is arguing about that. But is it really good to use those isolated incidences to further your own agenda? If so, then these other incidences would also make it clear that there is a huge problem of female perpetrated violence and misandry in society as well:
- 15 year old girl stabs and kills 14 year old boy after argument
- 13 year old girl stabs self, 13 year old friend, and 11 year old sister
- 14 year old girl stabs and kills 11 year old sister 40 times because she thought she was ungrateful
- 16 year old girl stabs and kills 16 year old best friend 60 times (what the best friend did wasn’t okay but it did not call for murder)
- 11 year old girl stabs mother while she is sleeping 9 times because she wasn’t allowed to go outside
- Woman stabs boyfriend over $200.
- 15 year old female stabs 19 year old man who tried to protect his 22 year old female friend (who was also stabbed) after argument
- Mother stabs and kills four year old son to death
- 18 year old female stabs and kills mother in face and neck 79 times
- Woman drives car into church and stabs husband on altar for “worshipping Nascar”
- 24 year old woman stabs sister after argument
- 34 year old woman stabs fiance over argument on what their wedding color scheme should be
- 28 year old woman stabs boyfriend in eye for refusing to have a threesome
- 21 year old stabs 21 year old sister over argument over apple fritters
- 54 year old woman stabs boyfriend for refusing to stop listening to The Eagles
- 24 year old woman stabs self and then claims a man did it
- 52 year old woman stabs 45 year old boyfriend with knife and fork after argument
- Woman stabs 61 year old mother
- 48 year old woman stabs 24 year old boyfriend
- Woman stabs fiance for not wanting to drive drunk to the liquor store
- Woman in 20s stabs 56 year old stranger after altercation
- 48 year old woman stabs 27 year old daughter in back
- 30 year old woman stabs 42 year old man after verbal argument
- 26 year old woman stabs bf after his dog eats her marijuana
- Woman stabs her child’s father after argument
- 19 year old female stabs 18 year old male after argument
- 48 year old woman stabs 53 year old husband and kills him
- 28 year old woman stabs 41 year old after her baby shower
- 30 year old stabs 26 year old pregnant sister and law and kills both her and baby
- Woman stabs cop during a traffic stop
- 24 year old stabs 28 year old brother over argument about household chores
- 28 year old woman stabs 16 year old female in the face that she suspected was her boyfriend’s mistress
- Woman stabs boyfriend 31 times after he says his ex’s name in his sleep
- 28 year old woman stabs boyfriend after dispute about a camping trip
- 33 year old woman stabs 42 year old husband in neck three times after petty argument
- 49 year old stabs herself and blames ex-husband
- Woman stabs husband over television show characters
- Woman stabs 23 year old boyfriend after argument
- Woman stabs husband because he snored
- 19 year old female stabs and kills her 19 year old female cousin after argument
- 23 year old woman stabs family member after argument
- Woman kills man for refusing to give her beer
- Woman stabs man for refusing to have sex with her, threatens to cry rape
- Woman rips off man’s testicle because he rejected her, tried to swallow it
- Woman kills man for refusing to marry her
- Woman cuts off man’s penis because of argument
- Woman shoots her husband after argument
- Woman cuts off cheating boyfriend’s penis, flushes it
- Woman suspects husband of cheating, stabs him to death
- Woman shoots, kills boyfriend for cheating
- Woman stabs boyfriend for cheating in Monopoly board game
- Woman shoots, kills man for ending relationship
- Woman sets husband’s genitals on fire for hugging another woman, dies
- Woman kills, dismembers husband’s body over argument
- Mother kills 18-month old twins to get back at husband she thought was cheating
- Woman kills husband after he confronts her about affair
- Woman kills cheating husband with lethal dose of heroin
- Woman runs over, kills cheating husband
- Obese woman sits on boyfriend, kills him and avoids jail time
- Woman kills boyfriend with stiletto shoe
- Woman murders cheating husband with coffee mug
- Woman kills boyfriend for not buying her a gift
- Woman kills boyfriend who accused her of cheating
- Woman stabs and kills boyfriend , Judge: “I hope you die in prison”
- Woman shoots, kills ex-boyfriend, buries him in pile of debris
- Woman shoots boyfriend in the back of the neck, killing him
- Woman shoots boyfriend six times, kills him after argument
- Woman stabs, kills boyfriend over mother’s day gift
- Woman stabs boyfriend to death, also stabbed her husband to death 7 years prior
- Woman pushes way into home, stabs boyfriend to death over argument
- Woman angry at boyfriend takes her anger out on his 4 year-old
- Woman stabs boyfriend to death, thought he was cheating on her
- Woman bludgeons husband to death with hammer to pay back loan
- Woman stabs, kills boyfriend during argument
- Woman murders boyfriend for tweeting out his female crush
- Woman shoots and kills boyfriend, kills self while out on bail
- Woman stabs to death boyfriend over argument about an ex
- Woman stabs and kills boyfriend for social media posts
- Woman shoots boyfriend in the face, fails to make it look like suicide
- Woman kills boyfriend’s puppies during phone argument
- Woman shoots boyfriend in the face with rifle during argument
- Woman pushes boyfriend off fence after argument, killing him
- Woman attacks boyfriend with large knife, intent to kill
- Woman abused, threatens to kill boyfriend in sleep
- Woman beats, murders boyfriend and puts him in freezer because he wanted to break up with her
- Woman held gun to boyfriend’s head, murders on Christmas
- Woman with previous assault charge on another boyfriend stabs and kills different boyfriend
- Woman attempts to murder boyfriend with giant breasts
- Woman stabs boyfriend in neck, killing him after argument
- Woman chokes and stabs ex-boyfriends cat to death
- Woman starts argument with boyfriend, stabs and kills with umbrella
- Woman kills boyfriend with her car after argument
- Woman shoots, kills boyfriend in his bathroom
- Woman shoots, kills boyfriend with illegal handgun
- Woman sets her boyfriend on fire, killing him
- Woman shoots and kills ex-boyfriend multiple times, kills herself
- Woman shoots boyfriend in the head, found out he was dating other women
- Woman stabs and kills boyfriend over finances
- Woman stabs and kills boyfriend’s lizard because she thought he was flirting with other women
- Woman shoots, kills boyfriend who wanted to end their relationship and urged her to get an abortion
- Woman attempts to murder husband with poison in her vagina
- Woman stabs boyfriend to death after he slaps daughter
- Woman conspires to have secret lover murder her husband
- Woman stabs, kills boyfriend over argument on Labor Day
- Woman stabs boyfriend in the chest over argument
- Woman stabs boyfriend to death after finding photos of other women on cell phone
- Woman tortured ex-boyfriend’s dog until it died after argument
- Woman stabs boyfriend in his chest and through his lung, nearly killing him
- Woman fatally stabs boyfriend during heated argument
- Woman kills her boyfriend with blunt force trauma to the head using frying pan
- Woman stabs boyfriend to death for drinking her beer
- Woman strangles boyfriend to death during argument
- Woman stabs boyfriend with serrated knife over argument
- Woman shoots, murders boyfriend while she was on house arrest for another murder 11 years prior
- Woman stabs, kills boyfriend then texts friend about eating the body
- Woman stabs, kills boyfriend over dispute
- Woman shoots boyfriend in the head, suspecting he was cheating
- Woman shoots man in the groin after argument
- Woman fires handgun into the home of man who denied her a kiss
- Woman stabs husband to death over cheating fears
- Woman shoots, kills ex-boyfriend and his new girlfriend
- Women kills husband, commits suicide
- Woman shoots and kills man over argument
- Woman kills husband with baseball bat for talking back to her
- Woman kills husband, confesses to family then shoots herself
- Woman stabs boyfriend 31 times after he said ex’s name in his sleep
- Woman shoots husband in the head, shoots herself
- Woman kills boyfriend over argument at house party
- Woman shoots boyfriend with shotgun for texting another woman
- Woman kills boyfriend because she “smelled sex on him”
- Woman runs over boyfriend, kills him
- Woman stabs boyfriend in the eye for turning down threesome
- Woman stabs ex-boyfriend for refusing to stop playing the Eagles
- Woman stabs boyfriend, throws out his prosthetic legs so he can’t chase her
- Woman ties up, stabs husband 193 times, jury finds her guilty for suspicion of trying to claim life insurance
- Woman stabs fiance for refusing to take her to the liquor store
- Woman assaults and threatens boyfriend with knife for not cuddling
- Woman stabs man with ceramic squirrel for not bring home beer
- Woman stabs taxi driver after he refuses to have sex with her
- Woman stabs ex-boyfriend in his penis after discovering he had a new girlfriend
- Woman stabs boyfriend twice over time he spent in bathroom
- Woman stabs boyfriend over Facebook post
- Woman stabs her boyfriend several times because his dog ate her marijuana stash
- Woman stabs boyfriend for not calling her every two hours
- Woman shoots man five times for rejecting her, kills herself
- Woman murders ex-boyfriend with liquor laced with poison, was jealous he was engaged to new woman
- Florida woman shoots, kills her 2 teenage sons
- Mother throws 1 year-old daughter under truck, kills her
- California mom stabs her 3 daughters to death. all under 2 years old
- Mother attempts to kill her 3 teenage children
- Mother kills her infant son by stabbing him to death
- Woman kills 2 year-old girl, attempts to kill 10 year-old boy
- Utah mom murders 6 newborns, keeps them in garage
- Mother charged with trying to suffocate daughter
- Woman charged for killing 8-month old baby
- Mother drowns both of her sons aged 3 and 6
- Mother attempts to drown her 3 children in ocean
- Utah mother shoots and kills two teen daughters, then herself
- Mother suffocates 14 month old son, fails at attempted suicide
- Woman babysitter murders 19 month old boy
- Mom kills 7 month old daughter, blames Jesus
- Woman operating illegal daycare responsible for 3 month old girl’s death, police find 14 children in her basement
- Mom strangles 3 day old baby boy, discarded body in trashcan
- Woman suffocates 2 year old girl of fiance, fakes sexual assault by unknown assailant to cover tracks
- Mother charged with killing 2 year-old daughter
- Mother of several children with history of violence murdered and buried 2 year-old daughter in shallow grave
- Mother stabs and kills her 2 children in exorcism
- Mother kills her teen son and daughter, self
- Mother confesses to killing 10 year-old son
- Mother tortures and kills 3 year-old son, burned genitals with lighter
- Most child abuse, neglect, and murders are committed by females
Wow, almost like violence is not so much a gendered issue and is more of a human issue,. Maybe instead of using tragedies to push an agenda and demonize an entire gender, we should focus on the real problem of violence as a whole.
Feminists also like to talk about how girls are less confident than boys and suffer from lower self-esteem. That’s totally not cool and I agree that we should be doing something about that. But not like this
Really ladies, are you all still in middle school? Why do you have to bring others down just to feel tall? Why can’t we build each other up as equals instead of tearing each other down?
And then you want to go and Ban Bossy™ because that’s gonna solve your problems? What even is the real issue again? Let’s list it out the way feminists did (this was originally in an infographic)
This isn’t actually true.
- Female kindergarteners (83%) are somewhat more likely than their male counterparts (79%) to exhibit the following positive social behaviors: ease in joining others in play; ability to make and keep friends; and positively interacting with peers.(ChildTrends.org, Child and Youth Indicators Databank: Kindergartners’ Social Interaction Skills, 2006)
- In 2005, female fourth- and eighth-graders both scored higher on average in reading than their male counterparts. (National Center for Education Statistics, The Nation’s Report Card: Reading 2005)
- A slightly higher percentage of females than males completed high school in 2005 (87% compared with 85%, respectively). In 2005, females were also more likely than males to have completed some college (62% compared with 52%, respectively) and to have received at least a bachelor’s degree (32% compared with 26%, respectively). (ChildTrends.org, Child and Youth Indicators Databank: Educational Attainment, 2006)
- In 2004, 9% of females ages 16 to 24 were high school dropouts, compared with 12% of males. Females comprise one-half of the population and make up 43% of the dropouts in this age group. (ChildTrends.org,Child and Youth Indicators Databank: High School Dropout Rates, 2006)
- In 2000, sex differences occurred in science course taking but not in mathematics. More females than males completed courses in advanced biology, Advanced Placement (AP) or International Baccalaureate (IB) biology, and chemistry. Males completed physics and AP/IB physics courses at higher rates than females. (National Science Foundation, Science and Engineering Indicators, 2006)
- In 2000, women earned more than half of the degrees awarded in psychology (78%), biological/agricultural sciences (59%), and social sciences (55%), and almost half (47%) in mathematics.However, women received 21% of bachelors degrees awarded in engineering, 27% in computer sciences, and 43% in physical sciences. (National Science Foundation, Science and Engineering Indicators 2006)
- For girls ages 8-12, aspirations after high school are largely educational and professional: 93% for college education; 76% for a career; 67% for marriage; and, 63% for children. (The Girl Scout Research Institute,Teens Before Their Time (2000))
- For girls ages 11-12, 73% reported improving the world around them as their favorite activity (i.e., activities related to the environment or helping others). (The Girl Scout Research Institute, The Ten Emerging Truths: New Directions for Girls 11-17 (2002))
- Girls ages 11-17 participate in student government at markedly increasing levels: 5% of girls ages 11-13; 12% of girls ages 13-15; and 20% of girls ages 16-17. (The Girl Scout Research Institute, The Ten Emerging Truths: New Directions for Girls 11-17 (2002))
- More young women aged 15 to 25 participate in the following activities than young men: raising money for charity (27% for women vs. 22% for men); regular volunteering for non-political groups (21% vs. 16%); active group membership (22% vs. 18%); membership in political groups (17% vs. 15%); and, participating in a run/walk/ride for charity (20% vs. 15%). (Center for Information and Research on Civic Learning and Engagement, The Civic and Political Health of a Nation, 2006)
- In the 2004 election, 55% of females ages 18-24 reported registering to vote, compared with 48% of males the same age. Similarly, 45% of females reported actually voting, compared with 39% of males. (ChildTrends.org, Child and Youth Indicators Databank: Youth Voting, 2006)
- From 1990 to 2000, consistent young volunteers were more likely to be female (14 percent) than male (11 percent). They were also more likely to be from higher SES households. (National Center for Education Statistics, Volunteer Service by Young People from High School through Early Adulthood, 2003)
- From 1990 to 2000, females (50%) were more likely than males (38%) to volunteer in high school, but no differences were detected between the sexes two years out of high school (38% for males and 39% for females). Male volunteering declined further to 29% by the eighth year after scheduled high school graduation; no change was detected in female volunteering (37%). (National Center for Education Statistics, Volunteer Service by Young People from High School through Early Adulthood, 2003)
- As of 2003, female college graduates were more likely than their male counterparts to have volunteered in the past year (50% vs. 43%). Among those who had volunteered, women were more likely than men to have served in educational or religious institutions, while men were more likely than women to have done other volunteer work with children or to have participated in poverty or neighborhood improvement projects. (National Center for Education Statistics, Where Are They Now? A Description of 1992–93 Bachelor’s Degree Recipients 10 Years Later, 2006)
- College students follow the national trend in volunteering, with females (33%) volunteering at a higher rate than males (26.8%).Both male and female college students were more likely to volunteer for an educational or youth services organization than any other type of organization: 33.6% of male college students, and 30.2% of female college students volunteered at an educational or youth services organization. With a little over 22% of both male and female college students, religious organizations remained the second most popular place for volunteering among both genders. (Corporation for National and Community Service, College Students Helping America, 2006)
- The Gender Equality Paradox proves that this is not socially enforced but rather because the minds of boys and girls are different it is natural for girls and boys to have separate interests and abilities.
Do girls really have it all worse than boys?
- A man is approximately 165% more likely to be convicted than a woman
- Men are significantly more likely to be the victims of violent crime
- Men and Boys are doing worse in all aspects of the educational system, from kindergarten to university.
- Men suffer from Paternity fraud
- Female business owners get money from the government for being female. Males?no
- Some Airlines, have banned male from sitting next to children because they are men.
- Rape of males in Prison and jail
- Male circumcision is still legal
- Men often coerced into sex: study
- Boy victims of sex trafficking ignored
- Men are 93 % of work place death/violence.
- Eating disorders among men and boys
- Demonization of Male Sexuality
- Catastrophically high suicide male rate
- Literally zero male shelters
- 75-80% of the Homeless are men
- Family courts are biased against men.
- Breast Cancer gets more funding/research/drugs than prostate cancer despite affecting men at a similar rate of women.
You know, feminists claim to be helping men too, but when men feel that their issues are still not being adequately addressed and form their own groups like the MRM (which no, I’m not a part of), feminists do this to try to shut it down.
What else has feminism done?
- Men want protection against false rape allegations. They feel that a man’s life should not be ruined simply on the allegation of a woman who may be a vindictive liar. Currently, a woman can accuse a man of rape for no reason, and the man’s name is splashed in the paper and his life is ruined. So, they fought for laws granting men anonymity until charged with the crime of rape—not convicted, just charged. Feminists fought against this, causing it to fail. Also see here, the London Feminist Network campaigning to defeat the proposal.
- Men want an end to the justice system favoring women simply because they are women, and giving men harsher sentences simply because they are men. Feminists fought against this, arguing that no woman should be sent to jail, even women who had murdered multiple people.
- Men want equal treatment when victims of domestic violence, and to not be arrested for the crime of “being male” under primary aggressor policies.Feminists fought against this by trying to suppress evidence showing that half of domestic violence is done by women, by threatening the researchers with bomb threats, death threats, etc. Modern, younger feminists are doing it as well.
- The feminist definition of domestic violence has skewed arrest and prosecution philosophies, resulting primarily in having only male batterers criminally pursued.
- Men want female rapists to be arrested, charged, and convicted with rape. In Western countries, women are rarely punished when raping men, due to the biased legal system. In some countries, women cannot be punished when raping men, since rape is defined as a male-perpetrated crime. Feminists fought against this in India, arguing that “there is a physicality [in] rape” and that it would make things “more complicated for judges.” Feminists fought against this in Israel, claiming that changing the law would result in men filing false rape claims.
- Men don’t want to be thrown in jail because they lost their jobs and temporarily cannot pay child support. Feminists fought against this, trying to lower the amount to $5000 before a man is guilty of a felony for not paying child support. If a man loses a decent-paying job, he will now be a felon, go to jail, lose his right to vote, AND be unable to find future jobs—if he cannot regain an equal-paying job within a few months.
- Men want equal economic support and help from the government. When the recession hit, male-dominated fields like construction lost millions of jobs, while female-fields like education and healthcare gained jobs. So the government proposed an economic stimulus for those fields. Feminists successfully fought against this, arguing that it was discrimination to support men, and caused the government to give money to women who didn’t deserve it. Hundreds of professional feminists complained against the “sexism” of helping men (who had lost jobs) and not women (who had gained jobs).
- A representative of the Michigan National Organization for Women testified in opposition to the Revocation of Paternity Act, which stopped the old law which stated that if a woman was married and cheated on her husband, the resulting child is considered to be legally the husband’s and the biological father had no legal rights to fight for custody or parenting time with his biological child.
- In 2008, a law was passed in England and Wales that allowed long-term domestic violence victims who killed their abuser to be charged with the lesser charge of manslaughter, but this only applies to women.
- In California and Montana, a woman can name any man she likes as the father, he gets a letter in the mail, if he does not prove he isn’t the father within 30 days he is now the father and must pay. He cannot contest it. And DNA tests to prove paternity are not considered proof by the courts.
- Women who falsely accuse a man of rape, who would be sent to prison for 10+ years if convicted, only gets fined or a slap on the wrist.
- Then there are studies that show women who fail to pay child support are incarcerated only 1/8th as often as men with similar violations.
- Men who are falsely accused of rape can have their names published and their lives ruined even if they are not convicted or charged - their accuser is protected and is likely to face no punishment, or a light one.
- Feminists skewed the Definition of Domestic Abuse, resulting in only male abusers being arrested and female abusers not.
- Feminists’s DV training hurts Police training
- Feminist Mary Koss denies male rape victims.
- Feminists violently protesting against Warren Farrell at U of Toronto
- A mob of feminists at a recent protest attacking and sexually molesting a group of Rosary-praying Catholic men who were peacefully protecting the cathedral in the city of San Juan from threats of vandalism.
- Feminists disrupt a forum for battered men
- Feminists fought a law for equal custody to be the default if both parents want custody and neither parent is unfit. Multiple times.
- Feminists started a campaign against Father’s rights groups
- Feminists fought against laws granting men anonymity until charged with the crime of rape—not convicted, just charged.
- Feminists fought against a law to end to the justice system favoring women simply because they are women, and giving men harsher sentences simply because they are men.
- Feminist fought against men want equal treatment when victims of domestic violence, and to not be arrested for the crime of “being male” under primary aggressor policies.
- Feminists in India and Israel fought against female rapists being arrested, charged and convicted of rape.
- Feminists fought against a economic stimulus for male-dominated job such as construction, etc.
- Feminist fought a law against Paternity Fraud.
- Feminist Harriet Harman has publicly requested employers to hire women in preference to White men if both job candidates are equally
- Equality Minister,feminist Patricia Hewitt, was found guilty of breaching the Sex Discrimination Act by “overlooking a strong male candidate for a job in favour of a weaker female applicant”.
- Elected in 2009, the lesbian feminist prime minister Johanna Sigurdardottir has vowed to “end of the Age of Testosterone
- Feminists want to peeing while standing illegal
- Erin Pizzey had to flee the UK because she and her family received death threats and her dog murdered all because feminists didn’t like that she discovered women were equally as violent as men.
- Also Suzanne Steinmetz and her children received death threats and bomb threats she discovered that the rate at which men were victimized by domestic violence was similar to the rate for women.
- Richard Gelles and Murray Straus have all received death threats from feminists, simply for publishing their findings (that female-to-male family violence was equal to the rate of male-to-female violence).
- Feminists defend female raping minor.
- Feminist defends why fucking an 8 year old boy isn’t rape.
- Most feminists backed studies are bullshit.
- Beyond reasonable doubt doesn’t apply to rape.For men only
- Feminist changes mind on rape culture when her son is falsely accused.
- Feminists primary aggressor clause discriminates against males.
- Feminists cover up female domestic abuse stats.
- Jezebel mocks men who are abused.
- Feminists make sure the gov doesn’t spend money on male shelters or male research.
- Feminists prevent a meeting about male suicide.
- Feminists stage mock murders to scare men.
- Feminist attacks male cartoonist and is hailed a hero of feminism.
- Feminists shut down forum for battered husbands.
- Propaganda campaign against male fathers wanting custody.
- Feminists wish to slander accused names before convicted.
- Try to shut down female prisons.
- Create rape laws that exclude female rapists.
- Make it impossible to charge women with rape.
- Feminists against equal custody.
- Female felons should serve home sentences.
- Told judges to be lenient on women.
- Feminists cover up female domestic violence.
- Feminists don’t want the gov to help unemployed men.
- Feminists launch campaigns to help girls only while boys are doing worse in every facet of education.
- Males who were raped as a child still have to pay child support.
- Women should have the right to put a child up for adoption before the father gets custody.
- Feminists against beyond reasonable doubt when it’s male rapists.
- 5 rights feminism ignores for men.
- Feminists blame males for their abuse.
- The primary aggressor clause where only men get charged with abuse.
- Shame men into going to war.
- Feminists dismiss female child rapists.
- Feminists say men can’t talk about domestic abuse.
- Feminists mock a man who has his dick cut off.
- feminists attack church.
- Feminists shut down a festival about gender equality for including men.
- Feminists hope MRA’s die.
- Feminists against fathers day.
- Feminist makes up fake assault stories.
- Female reporter bullied by feminists at the National Young Feminist Leadership Conference
And here’s my final beef with feminism: If you have to spread lies to support your cause, how much of a cause could you possibly have to begin with? And what are you saying about femininity itself when you want so badly for us to live in constant fear? (#YesAllWomen)
How are you supposed to be encouraging women to be strong if all you let us aspire to is to be victims?
How are you encouraging women to be independent if you try to make us believe that we can’t take care of ourselves?
How are you helping women at all if you have to lie to us?
Feminism is operating under too many problematic ideas, lies, and cover ups. Third wave feminism is ridiculous. It’s gotten too extreme and completely misses the point of equality now. I believe in equality, and for that reason I can no longer get behind an ideological movement like feminism. There’s my reasons. Goodbye everybody. Have a marvelous rest of your lives.
BTFO. That’s the only way to describe this.
Oh my… what an absolute cutie…
I think I’m in love~~~
The magic of Studio Trigger’s You Yoshinari’s work. Love this guy’s stuff!
just now realizing some of this is valkyrie profile art
Eeeeehhhhh…. this guy is way too skilled. It’s crushing my self-confidence.
back the fuck up
There’s another story that I like about a Chinese general who had to defend a city with only a handful of soldiers from a huge enemy horde that was in all likelihood going to steamroll the place flat within hours of showing up.
So when said horde did arrive, they saw the general sitting outside the city’s open gates, drinking tea. The horde sent a couple of emissaries over to see what was what, and the general greeted them cheerfully and invited them all to come and take tea with him.
The horde decided that this was a scenario that had “MASSIVE FUCKING TRAP” written all over it in beautiful calligraphy and promptly fucked off.
Whoever that general was, he was clearly the Ancient Chinese equivalent of Sam Vimes.
did he just invite us over for tea nah man i’m out
The story in that comment seems like it may be the one with Zhuge (or Chuko) Liang. It was his reputation for extreme cleverness that made that plan work, not so much the action itself. Sima Yi, the opposing general, had fought Zhuge Liang before and knew he did that sort of thing.
I read another one about his Southern Campaign, where he had to pacify a rebellion, one of his opponents here was an aristocrat named Meng Huo.
How did Liang overcome this army? Using his shrewdness, he managed to trick and capture Meng Huo and his army and then…treated them all extremely nicely and released them despite knowing they’d fight him again.
He did this seven times. He showed extreme grace and mercy to the defeated enemy seven times, and even allowed them to try fighting again. After all of this, their will to fight had pretty much vanished entirely, as it had been since their first defeat, and Meng Huo declared that they would never rebel again.
While simply executing the enemy might have worked on the short term, Liang did better than that and won everyone’s hearts, turning Meng Huo into a friend instead of risking further rebellion by killing such a respected figure.
People should appreciate the power of kindness more, I think…
I don’t normally trust this site but it seems some fact checking was done, and everything is in order—also the illustrations made me lol.
Defeating your enemies with kindness is nice, but a cruise missile to the face works just as well, and takes less effort.
ORAS is literally going to be the greatest game in existence because look at this. team magma is so nice and organized and serious right
and then there’s TEAM AQUA
i love pokemon. i love pokemon so much iw ill marry gamefrea K
I think I would much rather join Aqua, thank you very much.
I know what I’m making for dinner.